New recipe on my plate! Stuffed masala eggplant (भरुआ बैगन)+ Dal tadka, steamed rice, chutney, cucumber salad & papad❤ Huh! Dream lunch😍🤗
Recipe for stuffed eggplant (for 3-4 people):
– In a plate, add 2 tsp fennel powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp dry mango powder, 1/2 inch grated ginger, drizzle a little bit of mustard oil and mix well. And your filling is ready!
– Next, take 4 small-sized eggplants and put 2 slits in them at 90 degrees & stuff the filling in it and pack it all together tightly.
– To any stuffing that’s left, add 1-2 long sliced half-boiled potatoes & mix them well
– Now in a flat pan that has some depth add 3-4 tsp mustard oil, when it turns hot crackle some cumin seeds into it, some carom seeds and a little asafoetida. Now in this pan, place the stuffed eggplants and boiled potatoes mixed and leave it to cook on low flame for 5 mins. Don’t forget to cover it.
– After 5 mins, open the cover to check it and turn the eggplants to have the less cooked area in touch with the pan surface. And little bit shuffle the potatoes too. Again cover the pan and let it cook for another 5 mins.
– Now for the last time check if the eggplant is cooked, if not repeat the above process and cook it for 3 mins more.
That’s it! Yummy masala stuffed eggplant is ready to enjoy with rice, paratha, chapati or any other bread of your choice ❤✨