Recipe for masaledaar aalo (Half-mashed spicy potatoes):
– Boil 4 potatoes
– Take 2 tsp mustard oil in a pan
– Crackle mustard/cumin seeds in the hot oil
– Put the peeled-off, semi-mashed potatoes in the pan & fry it
– Add 1 tsp red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder & salt-to-taste to the mix
– Add finely chopped coriander as well
– Fry everything together for another 2 mins.
– Lastly, add 1/2 tsp garam masala to it & fry for another 2 mins & that’s it
Serve it with a dash of lemon & garnishing with finely chopped coriander.
This recipe is best enjoyed in cold weather although it’s frankly a staple at least once every 2 weeks in every north Indian household.
Off to relishing it with some yummy puris! Although any Indian bread be it chapati, paratha or kachori etc. makes a great combination with it🥰✨