Spaghetti Aglio E Olio! i.e. Garlic and olive oil spaghetti💛
Wanted to try something new for breakfast today and as you know, I always look up recipes that are simple, easy, and healthy (ok I don’t mind ignoring the last one sometimes though 🙈😋)
So found this amazing Italian pasta recipe, spaghetti Aglio e olio & loved it at first sight😍
Can you believe that it’s just made of 5 simple ingredients and can be made in 10-15 mins. max
The best part had a little bit of spaghetti left & this became the perfect opportunity to finish it off & get a new pack. I took it as a sign from God & went ahead😬
And here’s how you can too!
- Put the spaghetti to boil in saltwater
- Then put a pan or non-stick cookware on a lighted stove and light it on low flame
- Next, add 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil into it along with finely chopped garlic. Remember that extra virgin olive oil loses some of its nourishing nutrients when cooked but since this recipe has just 5 ingredients, I used the best quality extra virgin olive oil
- As you see the garlic softening and becoming a shade or two darker, add chili flakes to it and wait for a couple of secs
- Next, take your strained spaghetti and put it into the mix along with chopped cilantro (I didn’t have it so I used coriander), salt to taste, and some grated Parmesan cheese, and give it all a good mix.
Voila! That’s it. Serve it with a garnish of grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
What flavors it had…Mmmmm😍🥰👌
Sometimes people underestimate such simple and amazing recipes thinking that if a recipe is so simple, what’s the point in trying it.
But for me, it’s all the more reason to try and enjoy such natural flavors in their more basic form. Looking forward to cooking it again sometime soon!