As you will agree, an emergency doesn’t warn you before coming so it’s better to keep yourself prepared than facing a mishappening that could have been avoided if you had the information you needed at that moment.
Whether you live with your family or you live alone, it is important to equip yourself with accessible information that can come handy in case of any emergency. Based on survey, below are a few important contact points that you should always know or have handy to keep yourself safeguarded from any emergency:
- Keep the contact numbers of at least two well-known local hospitals near you and set them in the speed-dial of your phone.
- Keep two emergency contacts inset in your speed dial. It can be of your family members, close friends or anyone you believe can be your emergency contact. As a senior care community, Find Your Voice is always there for you and you can also save our contact number +91 8105700410 as your emergency contact.
- Create or be a part of at least one senior citizens community that you can access- So that you are well connected and have a healthy friend circle for you, with you and vice-versa. It can be from the Yoga classes or a community circle created by you.
- Be active- As much as you can and in which way that looks best to you for example some of you might be interested in Yoga while others like to go for walks or jogs. Any physical activity is good as it not just helps you stay fit physically or also is good for your emotional and mental wellbeing as well.
That being said below is the list of some of the important emergency helpline numbers in India for your quick access. We would highly recommend taking a snapshot and a couple printouts of this page and keep it at a place where you can view or access it easily:
- National All-in-One Emergency Number: 112
- Senior Citizen Helpline: 1091,1291
- Road Accident Emergency Services: 1073
- Police: 100
- Fire: 101
- Ambulance: 102
- Traffic Police: 103
- Hospital On Wheels: 104
- Disaster Management Services: 108
- Women Helpline: 1091
- Women Helpline(Domestic Abuse): 181
- Aids Helpline: 1097
- Anti Poison(New Delhi): 1066
- LPG Leak Helpline: 1906
- Kisan Call Centre: 1551
- Railway Accident Emergency Services: 1072
- Relief Commissioner For Natural Calamities: 1070
- Earthquake/Flood/Disaster: 011-24363260
- Tourist Helpline: 1363
- Electricity Complaint: 155333
- Water Supply: 155313
- Railway Enquiry: 131/135/133/139
- Railway Reservation: 139
- Free Service Ambulance: 102
- Crime Stopper: 1090
- Traffic Help: 1073
In this list, we have tried to covers most of the important emergency helpline numbers in India. However, if you are not a resident of India or live outside of India, we encourage you to take this as a reference and online for an exhaustive list of emergency helpline numbers for your country as well.
Hope you found this blog helpful. In case of any suggestion or query, please feel free to write to us at: email@example.com